Sunday, March 21, 2010

Facebook's nudity ban includes cute baby pictures


An Australian newspaper reports that some innocent nude baby photos were banned on Facebook's site. Of course the funny thing as the story points out is the F word is used all over Facebook, but show a little too much bare skin and poof the photo is deleted. Facebook obviously prefers vulgarity over nudity.

Here's the story:

Facebook bans nude pics of bubs

...Tobin, aged six weeks, was banned from the social networking site because he bared too much flesh...

Mum Tuscany Attard, 29, posted the semi-nude happy snap of her then three-week-old bub in an album accessible only to friends.

But Facebook last week removed the photo – in which Tobin was wearing his blue singlet but no nappy – and sent Mrs Attard a curt warning over the breach.

"Initially, I didn't know which photograph they were referring to. I was surprised that I could have violated their terms of use," the mother-of-two said.

"I had actually posted this pic accidentally. I almost deleted it but then thought, 'Nah, it's cute', and I left it up there.

"I didn't even consider that I was breaking the rules when I posted it." ...

Mrs Attard is not the only proud mum choosing to share baby photos on social networking sites.

Renee Barnes, 29, who regularly posts photos of her one-year-old daughter Aria to Facebook, said removing the photo was an overreaction.

"I loved Facebook to share my first thoughts and photos of motherhood, but I think it was unnecessary to delete the baby's pic," she said.

Facebook declined interview requests from The Sunday Mail and instead provided an extract from their terms of use, which stated it did not allow photos that contained nudity, drug use, violence or other offensive material on its site.

For the full story click here

It's amazing how much fear naked human skin strikes into many hearts.

Tom Mulhall
Terra Cotta Inn Clothing Optional resort and spa, Palm Springs, California
http://sunnyfun.com
800-786-6938

No comments: