Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Palm Springs Tram is great to visit in the summer


Palm Springs has the longest aerial tram ride in the world. It takes you to a tram station on Mt. San Jacinto at 8600 ft. It is normally about 40F cooler than Palm Springs at that elevation.

I always tell guests in the summer it is a great place to go. This time of year, I do not recommend it except to people who never see snow. We are in the 80'sF and why would someone who just spend good money to fly and get out of the snow, pay money to go be in the snow on top of the mountain? Best to nude sunbathe this time of the year and come back for your summer vacation and go up the tram then.

In the summer it is great for hiking on top of the mountain.

Here is the story from a California newspaper:

"Palm Springs visit should include tram ride, follies show

Now is a good time to escape to one of my favorite places: Palm Springs. The palm trees are everywhere, and the clean streets are lined with lovely shops and restaurants. On this visit I decided to finally experience the famous Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, and I had a reservation to see the delightful “Fabulous Palm Springs Follies.”

When I left for the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway the day was full of sunshine, and there was not a cloud in the sky or hint of wind in the air. I took along a jacket though because I knew there was four feet of snow at the top of Mt. San Jacinto where the tram ends its run.

The top is over 2 1/2 miles, and it takes about 10 minutes to arrive at the top of the mountain...

Not only is the tram ride scenic and fun, but there is also a restaurant at the top where I enjoyed lunch overlooking the valley. After lunch I browsed the gift shop. I headed back down the mountain, and when I arrived at the bottom level I stepped out on an area where tables were set beside a waterfall.

I was very fortunate to be in Palm Springs on a Thursday, as every week on that date the Village Fest is held. Three or more main streets through downtown are closed and merchants set up their wares. I found fruit and vegetables, breads, honey, nuts and very upscale and unique handicrafts.

I headed for the Historic Palace Theater where the follies are held and picked up my ticket for the Fabulous Palm Springs Follies show...

Take a trip to Palm Springs and be sure to see the follies. Take a ride up the mountain on the rotating tramway and visit the Thursday night Village Fest...

Fabulous Palm Springs Follies: 760-327-0225

Palm Springs Aerial Tramway: 888-515-8726

For the full story click here

So this year, come to Palm Springs for a fun vacation. Make this the year you only vacation in the US and not overseas. Help the American economy.

And for your best vacation ever, give us The Terra Cotta Inn clothing optional resort and spa a call at 800-786-6938.

Visit our site at http://sunnyfun.com

Hope to see you in sunny Palm Springs!

No comments: