Sunday, May 2, 2010
Rules for the Terra Cotta Inn Summertime Facebook Web Page Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win
1) GRAND PRIZE: 1 Free night at The Terra Cotta Inn Clothing Optional Resort and Spa Palm Springs, California. A $149 value. Includes breakfast and afternoon snacks. Early check in (10am) and late check out (5pm). The free night may be redeemed only on Sunday through Thursday nights in the summer of 2010 from Monday June 21st, the start of summer, until Tuesday September 21st, the end of summer. A room will not be available if TCI is sold out on the date that you choose to arrive. If you do not use the grand prize in the summer of 2010, then it becomes void and has no value.
2nd place prize: Two Terra Cotta Inn baseball hats. A $25 value.
3rd place prize: One Terra Cotta Inn baseball hat. A $12.99 value.
Prizes may not be redeemed for cash.
2) DESCRIPTION OF CONTEST: The Terra Cotta Inn Clothing Optional Resort and Spa, Palm Springs, California (hereafter referred to as TCI) is having a sweepstakes on their Facebook business webpage. This sweepstakes is a promotion to let people learn all about The Terra Cotta Inn, Palm Springs, California's most popular clothing optional resort. It is a fun clothes free resort where couples from around the world choose to vacation at. Their website is http://sunnyfun.com
Judges will choose winning entries in accordance with these Official Rules and prizes will be awarded to eligible winning participants.
3) SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Terra Cotta Inn located at 2388 E. Racquet Club Rd. Palm Springs, California 92262 USA phone 760-322-6059 The free room night may only be redeemed at this location. Transportation to this location is the responsibility of and at the cost of the winner.
4) BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the sweepstakes, you must agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”). Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that by clicking on the "Like" button on TCI's Business Facebook web page that constitutes agreement to these rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and TCI with respect to the sweepstakes.
5) ELIGIBILITY: The sweepstakes is open to individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older on June 20th, 2010 and who have agreed to these Rules (“Participants”). The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada and is void in any other nation, state, or province where prohibited or restricted by U.S. or local law. Employees of (1) TCI and members of their immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they reside, and/or those living in the same household of each) are ineligible to participate in the Contest. You must have access to the Internet and a valid Facebook account on June 20th 2010 to be eligible to enter.
6) CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 A.M. Pacific Time (PT) Zone in the United States on May 3, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on June 20th, 2010. You are responsible for determining the corresponding time zone in your respective locations.
7) SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES: In order to enter the sweepstakes, participants must visit the TCI Facebook business web page. The Web page is at
http://bit.ly/TerraCottaInnFBPage . While on that page, you MUST click on the "like" button. You MUST remain a member of the TCI Facebook web page at 11:59:59 PM PT June 20th, 2010. After June 20th, you may opt to no longer belong to the TCI Facebook web page. This will not affect you if you were a winner of a prize. However, you still must remain a Facebook member and go to the TCI Facebook web page to see if you were selected as a winner.
8) JUDGING: The owners of The Terra Cotta Inn or their representative will randomly select 3 eligible members of the Terra Cotta Inn Facebook web page as winners on June 21st and will announce the winners on the TCI Facebook web page. The decision of winners by TCI in this matter is final and binding.
9)ODDS OF WINNING: To be determined by the amount of contest eligible members on the TCI Facebook web page on June 20th, 2010. Everyone has one chance out of the total eligible members.
10) TAXES: The winners agree to complying with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. The winners are responsible for any taxes owed.
11) GENERAL CONDITIONS: Prizes are awarded without warranty of any kind from TCI, express or implied, without limitation, except where this would be contrary to federal, state, provincial, or local laws or regulations. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Clicking on the TCI Facebook web page "like" button in this sweepstakes constitutes agreement by the participant to the terms and conditions of these Rules. Decisions of TCI and the Judges are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this sweepstakes. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted by Facebook email within 15 days of attempted first notification will forfeit his/her prize. By entering this contest, you agree to having your name announced as the winner on the TCI Facebook web page. Winners also agree that other sites may pick up the results of this sweepstakes and also post the winners of this sweepstakes on other websites.
12) PRIVACY: Participants agree that personal data posted on Facebook is viewable by anyone who becomes a member of Facebook and/or the TCI Facebook web page. Further, this data may also be used by TCI to verify a participant’s identity, postal address and telephone number in the event a Participant qualifies for any applicable prize as well as to deliver the applicable prize. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify or cancel any personal data held by TCI in connection with the sweepstakes simply by changing the information on their Facebook account.
By accepting a prize, participant agrees to TCI and its agencies use of participant’s name for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law on the TCI Facebook web page and any other TCI operated website or e-mail for announcing the winners.
By entering this sweepstakes, participants agree to receive Facebook announcements and e-mails from TCI and their employees concerning future sweepstakes, TCI news, sales, availability, etc. IF you do not want to receive these announcements, simply "unlike" the TCI Facebook web page.
Information from the TCI Facebook web page will not be sold to any organization or individuals by TCI.
13) WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Participants warrant that their entries are on their own personal Facebook account. Only 1 account per person may enter the TCI sweepstakes. If it is determined that multiple accounts were used by the same person, their prize will be forfeit. Participant agrees that they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of their Facebook account and that they have the right to click on the "like" button on the TCI Facebook web page in the sweepstakes and grant all required licenses. Each Participant agrees by entering that they are not violating applicable U.S. or Canadian law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Participant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified TCI at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Participant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Participant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless TCI, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from (a) any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy, (b) any misrepresentation made by the participant in connection with the Contest; (c) any non-compliance by the participant with these Official Rules; and (d) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Official Rules arising from or related to the participants involvement with the Contest.
To the extent permitted by law, Participant agrees to hold TCI, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the sweepstakes and/or use or acceptance of any prize, except to the extent that any death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of TCI.
14) Future sweepstakes: Be entering this contest and remaining a TCI Facebook web page member, participant agrees that they will automatically be entered into future TCI Facebook web page sweepstakes if any are held. If you do not want to be entered in future sweepstakes simply "unlike" the TCI Facebook web page. By entering this contest, you will be bound by any future rule changes in future sweepstakes.
15) ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the sweepstakes by any participant concerning legal residence and ownership of right or non-compliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the Participant from the sweepstakes. TCI further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, or violates U.S. or applicable local law in Participant’s country of residence.
16) INTERNET: TCI is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. TCI is not responsible for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind. TCI is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information on the TCI Facebook webpage on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, Facebook, or at any Web site or ISP or any combination thereof. If for any reason the sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the sweepstakes, TCI reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes. TCI further reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the sweepstakes. Any attempt by a Participant to deliberately damage any Web page, Facebook, or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, TCI reserves the right to seek damages from any such Participant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
17) FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Official Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and all Participants expressly waive any and all such rights.
18) ARBITRATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the sweepstakes will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and TCI of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Terms, shall be submitted for binding arbitration under rules then in effect in the Palm Springs, California, USA area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.
19) WINNER’S LIST: You may request a list of winners after June 22nd, 2010 by writing to:
Terra Cotta Inn
2388 E. Racquet Club Rd.
palm Springs, CA 92262
Please send a stamped, self addressed envelope to receive the winners list.