Sunday, September 27, 2009
6 Tips for successful nudist blogs
I have been blogging now for over 3 years. With both of my blogs, this one and the NSFW version Click here for NSFW version I get a lot of e-mails and comments. About 1000-1500 users per day see my blog.
In talking with new guests of our resort The Terra Cotta Inn clothing optional resort and spa, Palm Springs, CA, most have read our blog which go them interested in taking a vacation at our resort.
If you are thinking of doing a blog whether on nudism or some other topic, I thought this post was helpful. Here it is:
6 Tips for Customizing Your Small Business Blog
If you’re like most socially-savvy companies, your business probably has a blog. It’s a great way to connect with your customers, announce new products, and provide a human face to your company’s image...
A Few Key Tips
1. Install some top blog plugins:... While there are tens of thousands of plugins available on multiple platforms, a business blog should focus on search engine optimization (SEO), making the blog load faster, and making it easy for others to share blog posts via email, Twitter, and other social networks...
2. Integrate social media links and buttons: Don’t be afraid to integrate Facebook and Twitter on a business blog. It’s a standard practice and will help drive new visitors to your blog. Social media buttons make it easy for customers to tweet out your work, while adding links to the company’s Twitter and YouTube accounts will help bolster their numbers and improve their ranking in search.
3. Focus on simple designs, not bells and whistles: The focus of a blog should be on the content, not on widgets or sidebars or flashy designs...
4. Do show effort in the design, though: A corporate blog is also a chance to show off a human element of the company and to be creative...
5. Have your blog on your own web domain: Most companies have their blogs at blog.companyurl.com...
6. Don’t hide your “about” information: Assume that your average reader has never heard about your company. If you have that in mind, you want to be sure they can quickly find out more about you. Either have a paragraph at the top or on the side describing the company, or make the “About” page very prominent.
For the full article click here
Good luck with your blogging. It's lots of fun and lots of work.
And for those of you looking for a fun vacation here is my plug following top #6 above:
Never been to a clothing optional resort before? Not a nudist? No problem!
We are the most mainstream clothing optional resort in the US and are perfect for couples trying topless or nude sunbathing for the first time.
Give us a call at 800-786-6938 to make reservations or for more information.
Visit our site at http://sunnyfun.com
Follow us on twitter at http://twitter.com/nudist_resorts
Become a Facebook friend at http://facebook.com/terracottainn
We hope to see you soon in sunny Palm Springs!